PLEASE SUPPORT THE BIBLE PROJECT

October 6, 2011

The Best Interviews

Over the past few years I've been fortunate enough to interview some great coaches. Not all coaches are excited about interviews and most play it safe and stick by the old script in an effort to keep their true opinions close to their vest. I'll be posting the five coaches who don't hide their feelings when it comes to answering questions.

#1 - The best interview without doubt has been anytime I had the opportunity to talk with former Central Private head basketball coach Ed Palubinskas. I first encountered Coach Palubinskas in 2001 at The Spectrum health club in Baton Rouge where my oldest son started attending Ed's shooting clinics on Saturday mornings. My youngest son would later visit Ed in Baker on Saturday mornings so when I heard that Ed had been named head coach at Central Private it came with lots of excitement. After observing many sessions on Saturday mornings I knew that Central Private's brand of basketball would be full throttle and high octane. I also knew from experience that Ed would be confident and his confidence would be contagious to his players.
Needless to say, Ed is one of the most interesting coaches to talk to with tons of worldly experiences to accompany him.
In late January I had a lengthy phone interview with Ed. At the time Central Private was on a serious roll, sporting a 23-2 record, a number one ranking and everyone's favorite to win the Class AA title and challenge MRA for the Overall Championship.
Former Central Private head coach Ed Palubinskas