PLEASE SUPPORT THE BIBLE PROJECT

November 27, 2012

Martin inks with UNO

Chase is entering his third season with Central Private where the Rebels are shooting for their 13th State Championship. After considering several schools, including ULM, Nichols State, and Southeastern, Chase chose University of New Orleans in large part because of their rebuilding process since Hurricane Katrina devastated the school and its athletic programs. The 2014 season will mark the school's first year in the Southland Conference, and they will also be christening a brand new playing facility. UNO will open the season with an away-home-away series with LSU. "It feels good to have the decision done," said Chase Martin. "I'm looking forward to getting bigger and stronger for college ball, but I'm mostly excited to have it behind me so I can concentrate on my senior year and try to help Central Private win another State Championship."
Coach Todd Buster of NOLA Baseball Club said, "Chase had a great summer with Nola Baseball. He was a top Pitcher for us. In Ft. Meyers, Florida against Team PR Mets (Puerto Rico), Chase threw a complete game 7 innings with 5Ks, no runs, no walks, with 79 total pitches to get the 2-0 victory. Another highlight was a 7 1/3 innings with 18Ks performance. He will carry a strong Travel Season into his Senior Season at Central Private for Coach Jason Kinchen."
Central Private Coach Jason Kinchen said, "Chase is a great kid with super work habits and lots of upside as a college pitcher. It's been fun watching him grow into a ball player. He deserves everything he gets."
"I would like to thank Coach Todd Buster for giving me the opportunity to pitch in big games for him and for believing in me as a pitcher," Chase said. "I also want to give Central Private and especially Coach Kinchen special thanks for believing in me and giving me the opportunities to succeed. Lastly, I really want to thank my Central Private teammates who are not only great ball players, but they are also a great group of guys."
Pictured above, sitting left to right: Roger Martin (dad), Chase Martin, Debbie Martin (mom), and Tiffany Martin (sister). Back row: Layton Laird, Blake Benoit, Ryan Bowman, Andrew Hassell, Brennan Fucich, Brad Miller, Easton Holmes, Mason Jordan, Blake Chelette, Kyle Blackburn, Alex Easley, Kimberly Gagnet, and Head Coach Jason Kinchen.