PLEASE SUPPORT THE BIBLE PROJECT

November 25, 2013

Trinity Coach Josh Loy releases statement regarding recent firing

"I can't tell you how proud I am of the young men on this team.  They have worked hard all season and this will be a memory that they can carry with them for the rest of their lives.  I never had the chance to play for a state title in high school, but I can tell you that I am honored to be a part of this with these fine young men.  We have fought through a lot of adversity over the last few weeks and I think that the way the team played Saturday night shows great character.
It was my goal when I became the head coach at Trinity to develop a quality football program to compliment the academic curriculum. I believe we accomplished that goal in the two years I have been here.   I regret that I will not be given the opportunity to provide the underclassmen with the same experience. Unfortunately, for reasons that I do not agree with and emphatically deny, the administration has made a decision to relieve me of my duties as an employee of Trinity School.  I have never condoned hazing and certainly was not aware of any hazing incidents until it was brought to my attention by the administration immediately prior to my termination supposedly related to the incident. The last three weeks have been an emotional roller coaster, and right now I would like the opportunity to reflect on and enjoy what we accomplished this season, and I ask that you respect my family's privacy during this difficult time."