PLEASE SUPPORT THE BIBLE PROJECT

October 23, 2015

The Bible Project

After much prayer and planning I'm officially kicking off the "Bibles to Lima" campaign through The Bible Project.
I have set a goal of sending 200 Bibles to The Prince of Peace Church in Chorrillos Lima, Peru and I'm asking for your help in achieving this important mission.
The cost to send 10 cases (20 Bibles per case) was a stunner to say the least. Unlike the shipment to Lahore, Pakistan last Christmas this endeavor is more expensive due to Bible League International not having a location in South America to ship from.
One hardcover Bible which is in Spanish translation (Reina Valera 1960) Old & New Testament costs $10.04 each but the cost to ship that one Bible is an additional $8.86 for a total of $18.90 apiece.
In short, the goal of shipping 200 Bibles will cost $3,780.00 but God will provide the resources to send His word to an area of the world in much need.
I have already received $255.00 in pledges and I ask that the many good people who visit this site, follow me on Twitter and my Facebook friends consider contributing or contacting someone who may have the resources to aid in this most important outreach ministry.
If you're not familiar with the struggles of Lima please do some research, particularly with regards to the children of that part of the world.
If you're connected with an MAIS school board or in an administrative position I would love to speak to your students and share my testimony and the life struggles of those in Lima.
A big thank you to Hillcrest Christian Headmaster Dr. Tom Prather and basketball head coach Wes Prather for offering their support and giving me the opportunity to address the Hillcrest student body on December 2nd.
If you cannot contribute I plead for your prayers. 

God Bless, 
Darron Thomas 
darronthomas50@inbox.com 
985-750-3455 cell/text
The Bible Project